NEWSLETTER & MAILING LIST
A SMALL INTRODUCTION
Linda's empathy and understanding of struggle both professional and personal has fuelled her passion for learning from others and in turn empowering others. There are many bullies, negative wizards and hob nail boots to trample on our aspirations, but learning that we have to power to shrug off their influence and have the life we choose, is personal freedom. Confident effective communication is a cornerstone to improving self-
Keep in touch and up to date by following our Social media
Built By The VA Team
© 2015 -
Compassion Fatigue Coaching
Caring for yourself is not a luxury; it is a necessity.
Grow yourself into your best asset.
Discover how Linda’s empowering caregivers online mentoring program can benefit you!
Empowering care givers to improve their own care and wellbeing
As a mindset coach and personal changer mentor with an extensive psychology & educational background, Linda Sage understands the challenges (and opportunities) caregivers encounter every day. That’s why she tailors her 90-
If you’re ready to…
- Look at your own needs, desires and goals
- Get the best out of yourself and increase your happiness
- Work at being your best self every day
- Accelerate your professional development
- …then Empowering Caregivers coaching and mentoring with Linda is for you!
Caregivers in any profession, voluntary establishment, or home environment.
Linda’s coaching and mentoring offer something for everyone.
- Increased self worth
- Customized, comprehensive personal development plan
- Specific development tactics
- Accelerated preparation and delivery techniques for coping
- Targeted conversation links to your particular work environment
- Increased confidence and self-
- Enhanced time management skills
- Reduced stress and increased sense of well-
- Motivated and inspired to achieve greater results for yourself and others
- Combination of 1:1 sessions, face-
to- face, Skype and on the phone
- Resources (e.g. books and videos)
- Honest, timely and constructive feedback to help you grow personally
- Automatic increase of productivity
- Focused development plan supporting values and goals
- Better communication development skills to improve results
- Establishing relationships with people around you
- Accelerated self-
- Professional outlook for your employer
“Linda has worked with and coached various clinicians within our hospital and the results have been incredible! These practitioners have made significant changes in how they communicate with themselves and others and build strengths with teams. Linda has a unique way of providing candid feedback, while showing great compassion. Her partnership is invaluable to our organization.”
“Linda has a wealth of knowledge and has been extremely helpful in assisting me with further developing my self care plan. I leave our meetings feeling energized and excited about the future, which I have not had for a long time. I have also seen Linda speak on several occasions. She has a great style and a lot of valuable information to share with all audiences. I would highly recommend Linda for any of her services on resilience and mindset. You really can’t go wrong.”
Linda in one word… AWESOME…Since starting to work with Linda last year as my coach, she has helped me develop into the Nursing Education Director role… She has guided me to bring out my strategic and more than usual detail oriented self and has helped me with the idea to lessen the reigns of control to get more done. Working with her has definitely taken me to the next level.
I felt like I was sinking into my lead weighted boots, I used to love my job; but I had got to the stage of having to make myself go to work. I did not care about how I looked, if my uniform was ironed, or my hair clean. My colleagues annoyed me and my boss often upset me, I gained weight because I cut myself off socially and thought I would scream, if I heard one more “it’s not my fault” story from the clients I worked with.
My investment in working with Linda, saved me. That is no exaggeration! In just a few weeks, I looked and felt better, my colleagues and clients noticed. I was ready to run away, now I am back and treating myself much better.
In case you are not aware, or have not heard my story; I was working in psychology in prisons, as well as being alone parent of a hyperactive 2 year old. With elderly parents, my father had a brain hemorrhage, ended up in a wheelchair and my mother could not cope with all the stress. I had a fulltime job and was studying for an additional degree, when I had a huge burnout.
It took me 11 years, 8 months and 17 days to walk back into a prison again, it had taken me almost 5 years to even admit to people about my working background. I left my job, sold my home and moved country, to get away. All of this experience helps me to understand where you are and how you are suffering.
Being exposed to trauma on a daily basis takes it toll and we start to turn in onto ourselves. A bit like eating ourselves or eroding ourselves away from the inside. Compassion Fatigue is not recognized yet as a syndrome, but every care worker knows it exists, sees it in the faces and behaviours of friends and colleagues. It is a silent killer, so you need to be aware of it, attack it and destroy its affects; before it does it to you.
There is no one size fits all, that is why this coaching has to be personal, it has to be about you and your needs. You squash them down and hide them, until you think they are a dim and distant memory; but like everything suppressed, it will come back to bite you in the bum! That is also why it is essential that you are working through with somebody who has also been there. Of course there is a common bond in Compassion Fatigue whether you are a coal face worker, doctor, nurse, teacher, police/ambulance/fire officer, or a PA, receptionist or volunteer, you can share your experiences confidentially and in a supportive environment; confidentiality is guaranteed.
Caring for yourself is not a luxury; it is a necessity and it is not taking time away from others; in fact you will be giving them a better service and fine attention than before. Your zest for life, you belief in yourself and realizing you and your work are very valuable.
Because I know that all caring professional are underpaid and over-
Do you need to find more productive ways to get through your to-
Do you ever say there are never enough hours in the day?
Do you ever feel like you can’t get everything done?
Ever wish you could do more but don’t have the time or energy?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then our Caregivers Mindset online program can help you.
Many caregivers today are overwhelmed, overstressed and overtired. You are always looking for ways to get more done so you can create more moments that matter.
This will only require 45 minutes a week for you to accelerate productivity: manage your time, attention and energy.
You will receive a variety of tools including:
… and more!
The tools will help you:
conquer the world … in 45 minutes at a time
improve your communication skills
increase your self worth
find your zest for life
manage that overwhelming everyday feeling
be productive when you are working
be relaxed when you are not working
Sound to good to be true! It is if you don’t apply the strategies!
Simply choose to invest 45 minutes per week (that’s all… just 45 minutes) in yourself and your development to help you care about your wellbeing, improve your relationships and create more happiness in your life.
- Feel that you need to redress the balance between your work and personal life?
- Wish you had more time/motivation/confidence?
- Support people who are experiencing suffering or distress?
- Sometimes feel overwhelmed by the stories and experiences of the people you support?
- Want some space and time to concentrate on you?
If the answer to one or more of the questions above is ‘yes’ then coaching could be right for you. We can work together by telephone, Skype, or face to face if you are local to West Yorkshire, at a time that is convenient to you. Contact me for more information and to book your first free 20 mins session to discuss how coaching can help.
- Coaching is a partnership between a coach and client that inspires you, the client, to set and achieve goals in relation to your personal or professional life.
- Coaching is a series of conversations between us which will help you concentrate on what is important to you, what changes you would like to make, and put together a plan of action to make it happen.
- Coaching is forward looking; however, sometimes doors need to be closed on past issues as well, but we will be concentrating on how we can change things in the future.
- Coaching holds you completely able of finding your own answers through goal setting, tools and exercises, and thought provoking questions.
- Coaching isn’t confrontational, but it can be challenging and we will agree at the start how far you would like to be pushed outside your comfort zone. We will work on building rapport between us so that you feel confident and safe in sharing your thoughts.
- The coaching process is simple and effective. It is energising and exciting as we concentrate on the possibilities. It may even be fun as you start to realise what you can achieve and how that makes you feel.
- Some people feel that they can set and achieve their own goals in life, and many do. Many others find that having a coach to listen, reflect back and sometimes challenge what is (and isn’t!) being said brings a clarity and focus that was not there before. Coaching is for people who want a change.
Coaching can move you forward more quickly and effectively than if you acted alone.
I am an experienced coach who specialises in working with people who want to improve their work/life balance, or those who feel they may be at risk of compassion fatigue and want to take action to protect themselves and increase their resilience. I have worked extensively with health and social care professionals, education sector workers (from nursery to university), but I also work with anyone who feels that there is ‘something missing in their lives’ and wants to take action.
Once we decide to work together, we can work out how you would like to use your time in order to identify your goals and for you to see the positive results of your actions. Clients usually book a block of between 4 and 6 hours which can then be used as and when they need it – usually a mix of telephone calls, Skype or conference call, emails and face to face when/where possible. Your time is flexible, but must be booked in advance, even if it is only a few hours.
All coaching packages include a copy of my book Caring for the Caregiver, access to FB closed support group, videos, Newsletter and random webinars and podcasts. – As well as email access to me.