Linda's empathy and understanding of struggle both professional and personal has fuelled her passion for learning from others and in turn empowering others. There are many bullies, negative wizards and hob nail boots to trample on our aspirations, but learning that we have to power to shrug off their influence and have the life we choose, is personal freedom. Confident effective communication is a cornerstone to improving self-
Keep in touch and up to date by following our Social media
Built By The VA Team
© 2018 -
01133 18 93 95
The workshops/presentations are suitable for people already experiencing compassion fatigue, whether they know it or not, as well as people who want a better awareness and ideas to guard against it.
Successful Mindset Ltd works on the principles of firstly having awareness of the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue.
Secondly, having an acceptance that it can happen to anyone, especially those people who have empathy and understanding with those they care for.
Finally, taking action to reduce the risk and incorporating self care strategies into daily life.
Successful Mindset Ltd workshops have been described as ‘highly interactive, practical and skills based’. What does that mean? – well, you certainly will not be turning up and listening to Linda talk at you for 3 ½ hours.
Expect to be sharing ideas and tips with other participants, taking part in discussions and exercises to help you understand how this affects you and spend time thinking about the changes that you can make. We also encourage you to make a commitment to take action and make some changes, but these will be personal to you.
What you will not be doing is any role play, chanting, yoga, or meditation. You also will not be told that there is one simple ‘one size fits all’ solution to compassion fatigue that you can take home and everything will be ok. But you will go away with a greater understanding of how compassion fatigue affects you and have time to explore strategies that will work for you to help guard against compassion fatigue, or lessen the symptoms.
- Flagship programme in compassion fatigue and self care
- Introduction to the concepts of compassion fatigue and burnout and how they can be prevented
- Practical, hands on session with lots of time to discuss the subject and make and action plan
- Suitable for both clinical and nonclinical staff
- Workshop adapted for the profession of the audience
- 1 hr introduction
- ½ day session available BOOK HERE
- Full day when combined Walking on a Tightrope workshop
- Held at your own premises for 8 – 25 participants
- Skills based, practical session with participants leaving with an action plan for self development
- Resources for all participant
- Follow up course to Are You Running on Empty? First looking at the idea of self-
resilience & self- reliability in more detail
- Practical workshop on how to improve resilience when working in stressful environments in order to prevent compassion fatigue and increase job satisfaction
- Suitable for anyone who has attended our Are You Running on Empty? workshop
- Workshop adapted for the professional field of participants
- ½ day session
- or can be combined into a full day with Are You Running on Empty? workshop
- Held at your own premises for 8 – 25 participants
- Skills based, practical session with participants leaving with an action plan for self development and motivational props to help support them.
- Resources for all participants
- You will have a great understanding of how being in a caring role impacts on you physically, psychologically and emotionally.
- You will develop your self-
awareness and identify your own stressors and contributing factors to compassion fatigue and how it affects you
- You will have time to develop self care strategies and incorporate simple changes to your daily life to help reduce the risk and guard against compassion fatigue
- You will have the opportunity to talk about the issues with colleagues and other people in the same boat as you and get ideas and tips from them on how they deal with it.
- Staff will have a greater understanding of how their work impacts on themselves their colleagues and their patients/students physically, emotionally and psychologically.
- Staff will be able to spot the ‘early warning’ signs in themselves and others and work together to reduce the risk; allowing them to foster a culture of openness and acceptance about compassion fatigue and the stresses they may encounter in their role..
- Teams can work together to agree on strategies they can incorporate into their workplace to reduce the risk of compassion fatigue; thus reducing the risk of burnout, staff absenteeism and high staff turnover, as well as improved productivity.
- Organisations can commission bespoke needs analysis to identify staff support requirements, or courses to address the issues faced by their particular staff.
- Evaluation of the course including follow up questionnaires after 3 months will demonstrate the impact of the workshop and record the actions and changes participants make to their lives and practice.
- Organizations can book Successful Mindset Ltd to deliver a Compassion Fatigue workshop for 8 – 25 participants at their premises at a date and time to suit them. Just contact Linda Sage to discuss your requirements.
- For individuals, contact us to see if we have a workshop in your area. If not, we can look to see if we have enough people interested to run a session. Alternatively, Linda could work with you one-
to- one in a coaching capacity. See the page on coaching for more details.
Organizations can contact Linda Sage directly at Successful Mindset Ltd to discuss their individual needs, depending on the staffing level and depth of feedback report required.
- All courses can be tailored for the needs of staff.
- Bespoke ½ and full day workshops in compassion fatigue
- Workshop – Introduction to leadership skills for managers/team leaders
- Introduction of strategies to guard against compassion fatigue.
- Positive mindset and life balancing.
- Public speaking, presentation skills.